Friday, December 16, 2005

Fantastic song

Now this may not be a direct biblical thought but it does deserve mention. Now I am known in my own little world to be late on music. My friends seem to know all the new Christian bands that are coming out and when, how, and they have met them all. Well I was just shopping around for some new Christian music (as I get this way about every 4-6 months) and came upon 2 groups. 1- was called 4th Avenue Jones and I was highly impressed. THey were a mix of rap, r&b, jazz, and rock. IT was like mixing switchfoot, with lauren Hill, and Brian Mcknight expect with a positive message. I really was feeling the beats and the singing and they give praise to Jesus which makes it even better. 2-Underoath which I have heard there old album like 2 years ago and was hooked on them but didnt follow them (like I do with many bands). They have a cd that came out a year ago (dont know the name) but there is a song on that album that blew me away. The song is called Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape. This song blasted my heart with love and humility mainly due to the words. Underoath is one of those bands that doesnt directly scream out God in their lyrics but lays it very very thick. This song struck me with lyrics like:
"Hey unfaithful, I will teach you. To be stronger, to be stronger.
Hey ungraceful, I will teach you. To forgive on another.
Hey unloving, I will love you, I will love you....

Jesus I am ready to come home.

Outright wonderful. Perfectly displays the message that Jesus tells us daily the unfaithful, the ungraceful, unlovable, the unable, are strengthened, given grace, loved and are able through Him who strengthens you! May the One who gave His life for you and me so that we may live forever! Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home