Saturday, December 24, 2005

First Christian rap

Wow who would thought that I would try rapping. (cause you know I am tight like that) Well my sisters boyfriend is a huge rapping guy and has professional programs to record and rap with intrumental music and such. One day on Thanksgiving break he wanted me to just make a Christian rap song (he is usually making other stuff) so I was just playing and took lines from Christian rock songs that I liked and rapped it just to be funny. He used it in a song which I hate to hear my voice anyway I thought I sounded stupid. So I returned for Christmas break only to hear him say he wanted to write another thing and put me on the track. So I thought that I would just play a trumpet lick on the rap beat to kinda give it flavor. Well instead I began to read the Word of God as he was playing with the beats and splitting hot fire into the mike and something hit me. The Word of God speaks for itself with no assistance from man. So I began to take scripture and put it into a rap lyric. Honestly I thought it corny at first but the more I did it the more it just seemed awesome because it was all directed to God from God. This is what I have come up with.....

I heard my Saviour, and my heart pounded, (Habbakuk 3:16)
at the words that my LORD has ever made resounded.

How long will people lie in parched and begin to start, (Jeremiah 12:2)
You always seem to be on their lips but far from their hearts.

Of what value is an idol? (Habbakuk)
Can it breathe, teach, and give guidance or make life final?

Yet I will wait patiently for Him on that day, (Habbakuk 3)
when the LORD brings this world His calamity.

Jesus told to simply just love each other, (John 14:21)
Promising"He who loves me, will be love by the Father."

What man can live and not see death, (Psalm 90:48)
or save himself from the barrels of this ugly mess.

Wisdom, pleasure and toil are all meaningless, (Mixture of Eccle.)
trying to seek these things will leave you breathless.

Salvation is found in no other name, (Acts 4:12)
so why do you continue to play all these stupid games.

So we are called, to be wise in the way we act, (Col. 4:5)
to give Him glory that is a natural fact.

Were not here to please you, but God who tests our hearts, (1 Thess. 2:6)
I know that I never ever want to be apart.

From the Truth, the Light, that makes me alive today,
Accept Jesus and all those problems fade away away away...

and thats all for now cause I am still writing but I know that I dont have a career in this but its interesting to see that God can work through His Word to do ANYTHING! Praise God for all he is and has done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home